LOW COUNTRY BOIL
I’ve learned a lot since I began dating A, but perhaps most importantly (just kidding, sort of), I’ve learned how to indulge in a low country boil. So far, I’ve left the cooking up to A and his mom, who has perfected this thing to such a science that no one dares interfere. So instead, I do what I do best - drink, take pictures, and eat. Lots. I emailed her to get the recipe so yall can recreate this perfect meal. It’s truly the best and so much fun with a big group of people. However, it’s not a meal for a hot weather day - when we tried it for my birthday a few years ago in the blistering heat of June, A got heat stroke and spent the rest of the day in bed. So unless you live somewhere where you can actually go outside right now, wait until the fall for this one.
Serves 6-8 very hungry people
1 1/2 or 2 lb of shrimp
6 links Andouille sausage
6 blue crabs or 6 crab legs
6 ears of fresh corn
2 or 3 whole onions
2 lb small red potatoes
1/2 cup salt
1 cup Old Bay seasoning
1. Fill a very large pot with 4 to 5 gallons of water, or enough to cover all the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
2. Place sausage, onions, potatoes, salt, and seasoning in water and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Add corn and crab for 5 minutes.
4. Throw in shrimp and cook for a just a few minutes, until it turns pink.
5. Drain as much water out as possible.
6. Dump all ingredients onto your newspaper covered eating surface (You can see how we did it in the pictures above. We took a screen door and put it down horizontally, then covered it with newspaper, so that when we dumped the food on top, all the liquid would flow through the paper and the door onto the ground).
7. Add condiments desired (cocktail sauce, butter). Provide utensils for cracking crab.
8. Grab ice cold beer and drink while holding crab legs in hand.
218 Notes/ Hide
- gransee likes this
- trey-dixon reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- 77days likes this
- vivisoo reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- the-rizz likes this
- elements-of-life likes this
- coral-crumbs reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- molosseraptor likes this
- idiotmouth reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- silkie-de-zijderups reblogged this from taleofthesun
- taleofthesun reblogged this from antisir-k
- antisir-k reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- 5fingerrrdiscount likes this
- bottled-oceans likes this
- pleaseblankyme likes this
- h01o8pe8 likes this
- fuccyouniggas likes this
- pudgychan likes this
- southernsweetpea likes this
- alyssamaria45 likes this
- allaboutthatfood reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- amber666 likes this
- mvgl reblogged this from sweetsouthernprincess
- brightredwords reblogged this from stayy0ungandwild
- bootsxobeauty reblogged this from blameitallonherroots
- sweetsouthernprincess reblogged this from stayy0ungandwild
- blameitallonherroots reblogged this from stayy0ungandwild
- stayy0ungandwild reblogged this from iiwannamakeyousmile
- iiwannamakeyousmile reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- gingerilla reblogged this from mynameissnugglefuck and added:
- therain-stains likes this
- sylviasnonsequiturs likes this
- dinh-er likes this
- teabooksandcoffee likes this
- mynameissnugglefuck reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- cuddlexcore likes this
- blackblonde likes this
- lookinginrealitysmirror likes this
- whosthe-kid reblogged this from bellyofecuador and added:
- zulazebra likes this
- lo-vedove reblogged this from bellyofecuador and added:
- kpsp95 likes this
- troppodolce likes this
- jdm1panda likes this
- kayasith likes this
- kayasith reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- chestybrunner reblogged this from bellyofecuador
- chestybrunner likes this