BACON, EGG, AND POTATO CUPS
Adapted from Mom, What’s for Dinner?
Serving size: 6 cups
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of potatoes, little less than an inch thick
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Spray large muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In frying pan, cook slices of potatoes (in vegetable oil or butter) until about half way done. Take out and let cool.
- In same frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Press the potato slices into the bottom of each muffin well.
- Curl a piece of bacon around the periphery of each potato, positioning it between the potato and the muffin tin to help keep it in position.
- Crack one egg into each muffin well. Be careful not to break the yolk.
- Bake until done, about 15 minutes. Watch the eggs carefully, because I found that what I thought were still runny whites actually were not. They take on a shiny appearance, fooling you into thinking they aren’t done, so be careful and don’t overcook.
- Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and if desired, serve with hollandaise sauce on side.